Foreign students outside exchange program

Attending courses and obtaining diplomas


Foreign student, you'd like to begin or to proceed with your higher education at the Lyon 1 University outside any university exchange program.

The process you’ll have to follow depends on your nationality, the country where you obtained your High School diploma, your residency place, the courses you wish to attend and the entry level of the formation.

You are invited to read carefully the registrar’s office informations which will guide you towards the corresponding procedure.




Completing an internship

You wish to complete an internship at the Lyon 1 University. Once you’ll find your internship, you’ll have to sign a tripartite agreement between Lyon 1, your own university and yourself.

  • Research Laboratory Internship: The Student Orientation and Professional Insertion Service (SOIE) invite you to consult the Guide des stages de l’étudiant.
  • Observation training course or "Health Visitor" or AEU : registration modalities
    Important : in Medicine and Odontology sectors, the Observation training course in 2nd cycle requires the existence of a cooperation agreement connecting your establishment of origin to Lyon 1.

Important: the convention, signed by the three parts, must be transmitted to the registrar’s office of the receiving component at least 2 weeks before the beginning of the internship.